Many people choose Volkswagen due to its excellent quality. Some consider VWs a luxurious vehicle choice but it is actually a wise decision to make if you want your car to be safe, strong, stable and durable.
However, no matter how durable your car is, it also pays to give it proper maintenance to extend its longevity. There are lots of myths regarding Volkswagen servicing. Here, we debunk these false speculations to make car maintenance more convenient for you.
Myths Behind VW Maintenance
Most users hold on to a few false beliefs about maintaining their VW making the supposed to be convenient maintenance even complicated. Some users think that their car warranty will be voided if they take their vehicle for maintenance and repair to other shops. This is actually false since you are very free to take your car to any independent service shops nearest to you. If you’re living around Victoria, have your car checked by a professional Volkswagen mechanic in Melbourne for repair or maintenance. There’s nothing wrong in letting the dealership do the maintenance and repair of your car, however, they cost slightly higher than their independent alternatives. As long as they are certified on these types of cars, you can let an independent service shop handle your vehicle. You’re not losing anything because of it after all.
Since most parts of VWs need to be imported, people think that they cost a lot than other cars. When you think about the overall cost of maintenance, VWs cost almost the same as its counterparts. You can prevent expensive major repair costs by adhering to the proper maintenance schedule. Even if you’re free to let independent repair shops service your car, this doesn’t mean that any mechanic can do it. Your VW has unique design and care needs that require a certified and experienced mechanic to repair. While you can check your car from signs of damage, never try to repair it by yourself if you don’t know the basics of VW care. You might even damage your car more than repair it. Even car mechanics require certification before they take in Volkswagens.
Fuel Efficiency Tips
In addition, here are simple steps to make your car more fuel efficient and save on gas.
- Drive smoothly – Avoid sudden stopping, speeding or accelerating your car quickly. Relax and let it flow.
- Clean your filters regularly – Clean filters provide more efficient air intake.
- Proper engine maintenance – Schedule maintenance for your car to know if there are issues.
- Adequate tire pressure – Well inflated tires roll smoothly adding speed to your car.
- Lighten your load – Free your car from unnecessary stuff.
- Only use fluids approved for Volkswagens – VWs have unique needs from other cars. There are some fluids that work for common cars but not for VWs.
- Speed control – Keep your acceleration smooth and limit your speed within 60mph to save fuel.
- Don’t idle if possible – Idling your car still uses fuel without getting you somewhere.
- Organize your trips
Keep your VW in good shape by following these tips. Also, try to learn more about your unique car so you know how to handle it well.